The investment in an ozone generator is the beginning of a practice to eliminate odor naturally. For homeowners who do not want to release noxious chemicals and heavily scented droplets into the air they breathe, this technology is the right choice. How do you know that this form of stink removal is a good option for you?
- Ozone removes odors at the molecular level. Unlike sprays that seek to combat one smell with another, ozone succeeds at getting rid of the contaminants that cause the smells. Ozone reacts with the molecules that cause a variety of odors and destroys them.
- Generators curtail dust. The typical ozone generator not only produces ozone but also ions that cause the particles making up dust in your home to clump together. Now heavier than air, the dust falls to the ground. Enjoy breathing cleaner air while simply vacuuming up the dust.
- Ozone is safe. The Food and Drug Administration agrees that typical ozone found in your home qualifies for the GRAS (generally recognized as safe) rating. In large quantities, this rating does not apply. If you can smell it, it is probably too much.
- You can adjust ozone levels. Maintaining a fresh air smell with ozone requires very low quantities. When you need to eliminate odor from today’s cooking experiment, the mold smell in the basement and the stink from the forgotten garbage in the garage, you probably need to increase the ozone level there. For particularly bad stinks, simply increase the ozone and leave the area for a bit.
- Broad range of products. You have options when shopping for an ozone generator. A QT Storm can treat up to 10,000 cubic feet and release between 3 mg of ozone per hour and 300 mg of ozone per hour. A Rainbowair 250 Series II machine treats spaces measuring up to 2,500 square feet and offers an ozone output of up to 250 mg per hour. A Newaire Plugin Series I model stays out of the way and treats rooms up to 500 square feet.
When you are ready to learn more about how to select the right ozone generator for your home, contact us for information on the various models.